Monday 19 August 2013

Keep on keeping on...

I kinda fell off the face of the planet for a bit. My in-laws came to spend a week with us, so I tried not to spend too much time off on my own - which meant not blogging for a while. I didn't want them to think me rude or too much of a hermit, so I tried to spend a lot of time with them while they were here. They went home yesterday, so everything is essentially back to normal now. However, it was a lovely visit!

I wasn't exactly on par for my eating and exercise this last week. I ate far more than I should have and exercised way less that I should, but that's alright. My father-in-law is a wonderful cook, but most of the things he makes aren't all that healthy (read smothered in margarine or sauces). When he cooks it's hard to exercise self-control because everything is so good! My husband also did a lot of barbecuing (which he is fantastic at), so the whole week was a recipe for disaster for my eating.

I'm back on track as of today. I ate within my daily budget and Ashlee and I went for a walk this evening. I'm really trying my best to see that I make it to my goal. I feel very strongly that this time it will happen! Even though last week sucked for eating and exercise, I'm still down to 246.3 pounds - which is very encouraging! One more pound to go and I'll be back to where I was the first time around and then I'll be back in business!

This past Saturday I went to work (which is in a popular women's clothing store) and I wore my favourite pair of dress pants. I don't have a mirror at home in which I can see the bottom half of my body very well. Well, when I saw how I looked in those pants in the mirrors at work, it is needless to say that I won't be wearing those pants any more (which fills me with mixed emotions of joy and sadness). The pants were just hanging on me; the butt was so saggy! When I got home I tried on some of my older, smaller dress pants to see if they would fit and lo and behold! they did! So I now have three "new" pairs of pants that I can wear. Very exciting!

On a side note, I finished my little crocheted birds. I haven't been able to give them for my nieces and nephew yet, hopefully later on this week. But here they are!


Aren't they adorable!? If you're interested in learning how to make these delightful creatures, head over to Craftsy. The class will teach you everything, so if you have absolutely no knowledge of how to crochet, that's okay! I'm excited to make more of these birds to use as gifts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment