Sunday 29 September 2013

Goal complete!

I love autumn! It's such a beautiful season. The coulees are so gorgeous when the leaves start to change colour. I had the opportunity to enjoy the coulees today (from a slight distance) and experience their fall beauty. As I said I would, I walked the West Side Hill again, both ways. I took a picture of the river bottom:


The other side of the bridge had more beautiful colours, but I would have had to go out of my way to take pictures, so this one will have to do.

My walk went very well. I did it alone, once again, because Ashlee was out of town and I was determined to complete my goal by the end of September as I said I would. It took me an hour and 50 minutes to complete the 10.18 kilometre walk (not including my break in between). I stopped for about 10-15 minutes at Tim Hortons and enjoyed a White Hot Chocolate (or half of one anyway).


Walking up to Tim Hortons was easy enough. My average pace per kilometre on my way there was 10 minutes 16 seconds. However, on my way home I was against the wind the entire time. Which, if you lived here, you'd understand that this is no easy feat. I live in a city which ranks within the top 10 windiest cities in Canada! For example, we currently have a wind storm warning for tomorrow where the winds are expected to get up to 110 kilometres per hour. That's insane! This happens on a fairly regular basis. While it was very windy today, I still managed to keep my average overall pace relatively low at 10 minutes 46 seconds.

I'm feeling very accomplished, though my legs are telling me otherwise. When I finally got home I felt like I may explode if I stopped walking, in a good way, if that makes any sense... Now I need to set a new goal for something to accomplish in the upcoming months. I'm almost done my RunKeeper goal of walking 125 kilometres before October 31. Since September 1, I have walked 107 kilometres, which is 86 percent of my overall goal. I suspect that I'll complete that goal this week also. I guess I will need to start running!

Unfortunately, aside from walking the Hill today, this past week has been a real bust. I couldn't seem to get out of the funk I was in last weekend. I weighed in on Monday and I did have a 3.9 pound loss, which puts me at a grand total of 31.7 pounds lost, but I imagine I've gained a pound or two over the week. I'm not even looking for a loss this week, the best I can hope for is to have maintained my weight over the week, but I'm sure that's not likely. I hardly worked out and I indulged myself far too often. But take heart! This is not a sign of things to come. The last couple days I've been feeling better; more like myself. I will get back into the swing of things and keep on truckin'! I've come too far to let myself go once again. That would not be good for my health and what kind of example would I be setting for my kids?

I've decided that I'm going to take my measurements tomorrow when I weigh in for the week. I can't see one day making a difference in the numbers. I'm excited to see how many inches I've lost! Like I've said before, I can already see differences in my appearance. I had to buy a new pair of jeans last weekend because I could pull mine off with no effort without undoing them first. Even my yoga pants are starting to get all saggy-bottomed on me! It's very exciting and motivating! How could I not keep this up?!

No comments:

Post a Comment